Pandemic Progress Check

If you are like me, you are struggling with the realization that we are about to hit the one year mark since the pandemic changed our lives in dramatic and unexpected ways. When we first began quarantine, I, like so many others, set forth some new goals for myself. This anniversary seems like a good time to evaluate my progress on these goals.

Learn French - I can count to ten and say "I don't speak French." I keep repeating the same "basics" lessons on Duolingo. CHECK.

Finish the scrapbooks I intended to give my friends as Christmas gifts - I added stickers to each of them. Both friends have since had babies, meaning I have more material I need to add before I gift them. CHECK.

Organize the house and improve storage - I donated our crib to my coworker so it is no longer taking up space in the attic. My husband chucked some broken furniture out the second-floor window. CHECK.

Make progress on my reading list - I finally returned the book my boss lent me a year ago. I am presently in the middle of at least six different books. CHECK.

Maintain or improve my muscle gains from climbing - I have gained 15-20 pounds (which are NOT due to muscle mass). Eh. CHECK.

Take up kayaking - Kayaked once in the summer for my anniversary. CHECK.

Keep it real - Always. CHECK.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Can Do Better

Family History

Summer Reflections