Mirror

Why can't glass show me more than
an image - a face?
Does my soul merely get mixed up
and lost somewhere in space?
I don't trust the reflection,
because it isn't real.
What's shown isn't me because it
doesn't show how I feel.
The tear you see slowly rolling
down my reddened cheek
Equals a thousand pains inside
that I dare not speak.
My mind is a mess that I
wish I could know
But my thoughts are figments
that the glass won't show;
It doesn't display the conflict
raging on the inside.
It's just a bunch of proportions and pictures
that are deceivingly applied.
The mirror doesn't help me to know
my inner being;
The person I really am is not the
person I am seeing.
Staring at the silver doesn't
help the pain to pass,
So the person dwelling in my head
shatters the looking glass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Can Do Better

Family History

Summer Reflections