Life-long Battle

I've been struggling a little more than usual lately. I don't know if stress or other circumstances have played a role, but I know that I've had a hard time accepting myself and being positive in the past month or so.

Over the weekend, I woke up and felt in my soul that I am going to die from this disease. Now, before you call 911 on my behalf, I don't mean that I am planning to take my own life. Many days, though, I feel that my condition has already sucked the life out of me.

In so many ways, depression is winning. I'm never sure if I will find enough happiness to make up for the pain and doubt I experience. I don't know if I will ever be comfortable with myself. I wonder if I can let go of my fears and regrets.

When things don't seem worthwhile, it's possible that I won't take care of myself like I should, which could impact my health. Many other conditions are also linked to depression. If they manifest, their physical toll could send me further into depression, and I could spiral downward. The other conditions could be even more dangerous, too.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be optimistic and confident. I'm jealous of those who don't carry around all this extra weight. Why do I have to deal with this every day for the rest of my life?

I'm weary from the fight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Can Do Better

Family History

Summer Reflections