Dreaming of Distance

Your voice breaks over my soul like a wave upon the beach
I think you just pulled me back from nonexistence
I'm hypnotized just staring into your eyes
As my emotions quickly close the distance

I reach out to touch your arm, and it's real
Your hand slips to reach slowly around my waist
Fear makes me stay though I want to break away
Your spell is much too strong for my taste

I can't believe how close we are
The heat tingles up my spine
I feel like I'm dying even though I'm only crying
Because I know you're not quite mine

But you take me away from this dry desert
And I can't make the world stop spinning
I find my place in your sweet embrace
And finally get the feeling of winning

But as I step back to look at your face
You transform into a thin mist
The daylight grows old as I grow cold
And a bruise stains where I was kissed

I'm torn by the abrupt ending
But from the start, it was only a fairy tale scheme
Maybe I'll learn from the searing burn
And never again dare to dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Can Do Better

Family History

Summer Reflections